Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Spin Art in Motion- Part Three

I will always be mesmerized by the beauty of spin art. With white t-shirts, fabric paint, and a salad spinner, the children made very unique shirts.

 

DSC09950

 

DSC00033

 

Instructions:

Remove the inner basket from the salad spinner and place it on top of a sturdy piece of paper. I like to use recycled cardboard.

Trace the bottom and cut out shape.

Cover the round cardboard with aluminum foil.

Place the round cardboard inside and shirt and wrap the shirt around the bottom.

Make sure you have the side you want painted facing up. It is best to cover the bottom of the shirt with wax paper, to protect the fabric from getting messy.

Place the shirt in the salad spinner and squirt paint.

Please use fabric paints.

Put the lid on top and SPIN, SPIN, SPIN!!!

 

DSC09997

 

 

DSC09996

 

DSC09974

 

 

DSC09978

 

DSC09979

 

DSC09980

 

DSC09982

4 comments:

  1. You and your kids amaze me each time!! Love this, I have tried spin art printing on T shirt before as you can see here
    http://www.redtedart.com/2011/07/22/spin-art-fabric-painting-kids/

    ReplyDelete
  2. QUANTE IDEE MERAVIGLIOSE...TI SEGUIRO' CON GRANDISSIMO PIACERE
    A PRESTO
    MAESTRA VALENTINA

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to be doing some spin painting tomorrow at a Halloween party. I will update my blog with the pictures we do. I had never thought to do it on t - shirts! I think they look amazing and I might give it a go with my own kids sometime. Thanks for sharing x

    http://chaiteamum.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this part very much. I am very much interested to know about the ethics. Every one should have ethical values in life. 1970 county exempt california license plate

    ReplyDelete