Friday, October 28, 2016
Tuesday, October 25, 2016
Children will have a ball working with these textured rubbings made with Aluminum foil.
A very simple and child friendly art project.
Step By Step Instructions
- Place rubbing object on a thick cardboard. Tape it down if necessary to prevent it from moving.
- Tear and place the dull side of the Aluminum foil so it fully covers one side of the cardboard. I suggest using the heavy duty foil. Folds over the back, place a piece of tape on the back to secure it down. This will help in from shifting around. Remember, it will difficult to place it back where it was originally.
- Rub down with a cloth or fingers to reveal the outline shapes.
- Now, the children are ready to rub down different colors of ink pads or stamp pads over the embossed design. We used permanent ink pads.
- While the art piece is still wet, spray it all over with hair spray. The chemical reaction helps give it that vintage look.
The children really enjoyed this new experience.